Thursday, June 11, 2009

I've Got Lemons In My Shoes

A combination of my favourite things this summer – the colour yellow, lemons and plimsolls.


Why yellow? As described by Pantone.com – yellow would be the colour for spring/summer 2009. They call their yellow shade Mimosa, shows warmth and reassurance in the current economic uncertainty and political change. Although personally I have avoided yellow for a long time due to it not being very flattering with my skin colour, but the bright lemony yellow does! But for me I chose yellow because it reminds me of my favourite fruit for the season - LEMONS.....

I love lemons, simply adore them! Lovely bright yellowy lemons. They seem to be saying to me '..hello summer' and '..hello sunshine'! So tart in taste hence great as flavouring to desserts and wonderful as a thirst quencher! In Sorrento, Italy, the lemons there are known to grow as large as a grapefruit and are famously made into Limoncello - a liqueur and digestive, which gets its flavor and distinctive bright yellow color from the infusion of the skins of these lemons in pure alcohol.

Not forgetting their health benefits – taken every morning with water acts as a tonic for the liver, helps digestion and while its high content of vitamin C treats and prevents infections. The smell of lemons are also known to lift people’s spirits and clear minds! A good tonic for the current state of worldly affairs. Don’t you think?

As for my plimsolls (they are Superga from Italy and no I am not advertising on their behalf) are what you may say an alternative to the all time favourite Converse (too many people are wearing them)? The shoe is a great combination of tone down street wear and the nautical look which is hitting high street fashion brands today! And in this current financial/economic climate, the price for a pair is €49 (approximately USD69) – so rather affordable. Getting the 2 looks for the price of one is a bargain!

So who is to say that cool is always new, how about combining your favourite things (old or new) and make it the new cool? What are yours?

Have a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment